Thursday, April 24, 2014
My ISU Novel - Cold Mountain
For my ISU book, I chose to read Cold Mountain. I chose the book because I am very interested in history and it took place during the Civil War, a very historical time period in American History. However, After I had finished reading it, I realized that it was more of a love story than a historical book. A man by the name of Inman was one of the main characters. In the beginning of the book, he met Ada, the love of his life, when he was building a church for her father. She dropped by to see how it was going. When they were in the think of their relationship and couldn't possibly love each other more, he was sent off to go fight for the north in the Civil War. She was the main reason for his push to go home. He was shot in the neck saving one of his friends and was sent to a hospital. Just before he was able to go back to the war, he escaped the hospital and was forced to kill home guards, people who were asked to kill anyone who ran away from the war. He was able to get to Ada after roughly a month of fighting and meeting different people. However, he spent very little time with her because he went to go see where a man he had become friends with went to. Inman found his friend, however, there was three guards about to shoot them. The guards shot Inman's friend, however, Inman was able to kill two out of the three and just as he was going to kill the third, he was shot and killed in front of Ada. In the end, it showed Ada with two children, it is assumed that their father was Inman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment